Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Bout to Board!

Well I am currently sitting at the airport waiting to board the plane to Germany. If this is any indication of how I am going to manage my time in Bonn then it will be a hard semester for me. This brings me to my first goal: improve my time management skills. I am expecting this semester to be more difficult when it comes to time management due to the fact that our classes will be more irregularly scheduled and because it will be extremely easy to get distracted, especially considering it is hard for me to focus even in College Station.
I did not sleep last night because I am so excited, and probably also because I drank two lattes after 10…but mostly because of excitement. I have never been out of the United States before, so I want to take advantage of this opportunity to fully immerse myself in German culture, as well as experience culture in other European countries. I hope to learn and retain some German, and I want to try a lot of new food. 
I am also looking forward to spending time with other students in my major and become better friends with the people going on this trip. Spending this semester with a smaller group of students is a great way to get to know everyone better, which will be fun and will also be good for future classes since we are all going to be spending the next few years together.
A smaller goal of mine is to learn how to handle small spaces. Planes make me anxious because I am super claustrophobic, and everything in Europe is much more compact than in Texas where things are more spread out.  It will take some getting used to but I do not anticipate it being a problem.

All in all, I am looking forward to everything I will get to experience; any anxiety I had about my trip before is gone and I am just excited now!

No comments:

Post a Comment