Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Adios Tejas


      My lists are checked off, my bags are packed, and my many goodbyes have been said, but I still don't feel quite ready for what lies ahead. It's a crazy mixture of emotions that feel similar to what I felt as an incoming freshman, wondering about how to get to class, how to connect to people, what will I eat, or what will I do on the weekend? The amount of questions that race through my head is a bit chaotic and overwhelming.

I find my peace, however, when I step back and think about how lucky we are to be doing any of this. We have the chance to learn in a most unique environment with the most unique opportunities. This is something I have aspired for after visiting Germany in high school. This time, though, I will have a better chance of meeting people, exploring, and undoubtedly learn a lot more.
 I’m ecstatic to meet Astrid, my host mom, and her family of 4 kids, a snake, a horse, and a few other pets. I can’t wait to see what our coordinators have planned in Vienna and Paris. I’m beyond excited that I will have more than a few weekends to explore this world. Forget Enchanted Rock and Sugarloaf, we have the ALPS next door. I’m getting too excited; I need to stop thinking about it.

The most important emotion I’m feeling right now is of gratitude. I’m not thankful enough for the support given to me by my parents and brothers, and every single friend from the moment I said yes to this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment