Sunday, February 5, 2023

Week 4: January 30-February 5

The word I would use to describe this week is contentment. While my week was pretty similar to last (lots of school and not much else too exciting), I found myself enjoying the mundane more than I did last week. Here are some highlights from this past week:

  • I finally started reading my devotional book every morning and night. While that was always my plan, I had yet to prioritize it while in Germany. I also watched the online recording of last week’s church service at Grace Southwood, where they are studying the book of James. When I spend time in God’s Word, in prayer, and in worship, I am happier and more content, and I can better appreciate the little, seemingly trivial aspects of life.
  • In the mornings, I have taken time to be still, open my bedroom window for natural light and fresh air (now that it’s slightly warmer), and listen to worship music while getting ready.  
  • I have started spending time in the living room downstairs at my house. There is a yellow chair in the corner of the room that has become my new favorite place. It’s perfect for sitting under a blanket with the fire burning while reading a book or doing homework.
  • I am taking the U-Bahn more often because the extra walk to the station and back is calming and refreshing.
  • My boyfriend and I planned our spring break trip to Barcelona.
  • The wiener schnitzel at Gasthaus Im Stiefel and the burger and fries at Bono were some of the best meals I’ve had so far.
  • Kima (my host family’s dog) has warmed up to me and now sits in my lap on the couch or in the yellow chair.

I know next week is going to be busy, so I am trying to enjoy the slow pace and rest of this week as much as I can. That being said, I am very excited to explore Vienna and Prague. Since I didn’t travel anywhere this past weekend, I am very anxious to experience new cities! My goals for next week are to find joy in every moment and pay more attention to the ways God is working during my time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment