Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Week 5

 We are in Vienna this week. Vienna is amazing and definitely the top place in Europe that I've been to so far. We went to a pharmacy museum which was pretty cool and a preserved specimens museum. The preserved specimens museum could be a little creepy at times but I enjoyed it still. A group of us went to an art museum and it was so beautiful. I really liked going to it and seeing the art work but specifically "The Kiss" by Gustav Klimt. The class also went to the Freud museum. To be honest I enjoyed the lecture more than the museum but it was still something I appreciated seeing. The last day we went to the Natural History Museum. That one was very cool and had so many different things to see that I didn't get bored. My favorite section was the rocks and gemstones. Our guide showed us a carving with a carved hair style and a coat with stylistic embellishments from the ice age. I'm not sure why but I found it almost comforted to know that humans have cared about their outward appearance since the beginning of time. That we aren't so different after all. 

We went to Cafe Demel and I personally really liked the hot chocolate. That being said I love chocolate so I can understand why some people didn't like it. We also saw the crypts in the cathedral which was super cool. White mummies are caused by cool air while black mummies are caused by warm humid air. So interesting that a small detail alters the mummifying process so much. 

A bunch of us watched a movie one of the nights. We were forced to watch Ted (the teddy bear that came alive). I wouldn't recommend. We then watched Ted 2 the next night. I have the same opinion in regards to both movies. 

We went to Prague that weekend and to be honest I didn't enjoy it that much. It probably had to do a lot with the fact that I was very tired, coming back to three tests, and the weather wasn't great. I was a little let down but I was happy to get back to bonn. 

Side note: I wish I spoke a another language other than english. It's just a great skill to have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment