Monday, February 27, 2023

Week 7 (20th Februar - 26th Februar)

This starts while still in Berlin. The highlight of this day was lunch and taking 237 steps to reach the top of the Berlin Cathedral. On our way back, we were promoted to first class thanks to the lovely man next to us. I wish I had more time to see Berlin because it's a very big city, and there was only so much we could do. 

After the trip, this week passed by soooooo slowly. Probably because it was Vienna, Prague, and Berlin within two weeks. I need to manage my time more efficiently because a few of my assignments tend to be due Sundays at 6:59am, and I wait until the last minute to finish them. 

I enjoyed our cultural workshop because we got to play a game and natürlich, the Fantastic Beasts won. Other than that, this was one of those days where you wish you could go home as soon as possible. But celemylord convinced me to go with her. 

Movie night once again, and Peri, Erin, and I watched Birdman. I'm a big movie fan, and I enjoyed this movie more than I thought. It's filmed like a continuous shot, which allows us to dive into the madness. The next movie I suggested is by another Mexican director, so I guess that's the trend I will try to follow.

Our lovely chef, Patito, made us a Mexican meal, and it was such a great time. It took me back to having a cookout in Mexico with my family minus the obnoxiously loud music. That same night, I went to Cologne with Victoria and Celeste for Vic's birthday. We met a Finnish girl! She was so sweet, but we ended up leaving her at around 3am. I got back home at 5:30am... No regrets.

Sunday was definitely a recovery day. Most of it was spent in my room either napping, watching Drive to Survive, or just thinking. I was thankful that I didn't plan to go out this weekend because that would have killed my social battery. My host mum made a cake with red currant, and she called me downstairs to eat some with them. They also made me a cappuccino.

As I mentioned before, I am glad this weekend was essentially a break from traveling. I was able to digest everything that has happened since Vienna. I got some alone time, which I forgot I needed. Adjusting has been going great so far. I've been able to order meat from the butcher in German a couple of times. I still need to get into a rhythm that allows me to get my work done ahead of time.

This weekend, I will attend my second Dortmund game and then to Amsterdam!

No comments:

Post a Comment