Monday, February 13, 2023

Week 5: Vienna and Prague!!

 Every day was an adventure this week. 

Tuesday: Alarm went off at 4 in the morning and after a car ride and 3 trains we showed up in Vienna at 3:30pm. Safe to say I was very tired of traveling. Once we got to Vienna my first meal was train station Chinese food, then we hopped on the tram to get to the Catacombs, very interesting to see so many human skeletons and bones, I felt like I was in a Pirates of the Caribbean movie. After this tour we had a group dinner that was very fun. After dinner we tried to go out and I was very surprised how quiet the streets were (of course it was a Tuesday) then called it a night on the Tuesday where I was awake for 20 hours.

Wednesday: We had a lot of free time today so we started with going to a palace and seeing a great overlook of the city. We then went to a museum of an old drug store that was very interesting and then we went to have amazing hot chocolate and scrambled pancakes at Café Demel. We then saw one of my favorite things in Vienna which was the national library - it was stunning! Then we went to Mozart's grave. 

Thursday: This was our busy day that was filled with program activities including the Freud museum, a group lunch, a walking tour, and a concert in a church! It was stunning and a great day (only complaint was that it was cold and windy)

Friday: Our last activity was a visit to the museum of natural history and then we had lunch and headed to Prague! 

Saturday: This was our one full day in Prague, it started with walking around old town, visiting the castle, seeing the changing of the guard, eating great Czech food, saw ruins, and went on a boat cruise. Very fun day but it was a packed city of tourists for sure. 

Sunday was full of travel and sleep!

Overall this week was amazing and fun and full of adventure. Vienna has my heart and I am so happy to actually be traveling because I have wanted to for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment