Friday, February 24, 2023

Week 4

 This week started out by having classes as usual, with new concepts introduced in the physiology class where we learned about action potentials and how important they are in our nerve and muscle cells. The classes this week were very interesting and it just allowed me to understand the human body even more than I used to. This week was very special for me as I could attend a European football game for the first time ever. This was a very special event in my life as I always wished as a kid to be part of an electrifying atmosphere in a stadium where the crowd would be very excited for the game as if it was the final of an important international tournament. Patricio, Colby, and I went to Dortmund to watch the internationally recognized football club Borussia Dortmund. I have always wanted to get to watch how the players in this team performed live due to their amazing skills and unique forms of controlling the ball. As we made our way to Dortmund from Koln. We already felt the electrifying atmosphere as fans of the club were on the train chanting and getting ready to see their favorite club win. These fans were in the mood since 10 am that day, which made us more excited to get to the stadium already and see how excited the people were going to be there. When we arrived in Dortmund, the first thing we did was to get some scarves from the football club fan shop as we wanted to show our devotion and excitement by wearing some of the team's apparel. After gearing up, we made our way to Signal Iduna Park, the home of this beloved club. We got into the area where the stadium was and I was astonished to see everyone wearing black and yellow all over and so excited to watch the game. As we entered the stadium, I could not believe what my eyes were seeing, the big stadium that I had only seen on FIFA was before my eyes. I was just amazed by how big the stadium was and how exactly it looked compared to how it is on FIFA. Dortmund then started playing against Freiburg, and the section we were at was called the yellow wall due to the number of flags and yellow and black colors there. The stadium was electrifying, with people throwing beers at all places when the team would score a goal. Not only was the stadium electrifying due to the loyal fans the team has, but the game was simply amazing. Dortmund dominated the game by scoring not only 1 or 2 goals, but 5 goals total. The final score was 5-1, and the Dortmund crowd was more than happy when leaving the stadium. After the game ended, we got some burgers from Five Guys and headed to the train station to catch the train to Koln and then catch the tram to get us home. This day was definitely one of the best days of my life, and I am so grateful to God and my family for letting me participate in this amazing experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment