Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Week 5 (6th Februar - 12th Februar)

Once sleep is lost, it's lost. 

I won't bore you with the reasons for my one-hour nap Monday night. 

This week saw us go on our first study trip to Vienna! Walking around this magical city was memorable, and talking about it right now makes me want to go back. The days there seemed to have flown by, and I wish I had more time to do stuff that I had on my checklist. I cannot point out one highlight, but one of the most emotional moments was going to the classical concert. I started playing the violin at a young age, but I was never great at it. Then, I stopped playing once I went to college. At the church, hearing those songs being played by these excellent string players was phenomenal. Each stroke was graceful. The way the music traveled throughout the church was beautiful. 

I was not expecting Prague to go the way it did. It was draining. As everyone always says, communication is key. Prague was also beautiful, but it felt less safe than Vienna did. I still enjoyed walking around the city, but not as much as Vienna. My favorite part must have been walking down the famous Charles Bridge while eating a chimney cake. 

The way back wasn't too bad except we were tired, and we almost missed a transfer. But we made it back home safely. Now, we have Karneval to look forward to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment