Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Week 6 (13th Februar - 19th Februar)

So I got my test results back. Not what I expected but definitely what I deserved. Alles gut. 

Valentine’s Day was extremely boring especially since we had zoom classes due to the transportation strike. 

The middle of the week consisted of retaking my exam in the morning and leaving after class to a Champions League match. Dortmund vs Chelsea. It will be one of my core memories. The first sport I played was football at the age of 4, so I have loved it ever since. Although I stopped playing after a few years, I would still keep up with the Mexican league and my heartbreaking Tigres. I don’t keep up that much with European football, but I was still interested in going to a few matches during my stay. This is where I thank Colby for telling me a day in advance. The atmosphere was amazing. Standing during the whole game as all Aggies do. Chanting to push our team forward. It reminded me a lot of Monterrey and how much I missed attending a game. After a very tough match, Dortmund came out victorious by the slimmest of margins. But that was enough for us to get drenched in beer when they did score. After the match, it was chaotic. I ran across the street for a taxi thinking we would miss our train only to find out our train had been delayed (and eventually cancelled). We got back at 4am, and I still had an assignment due. As soon as I finished, I passed out.

I woke up to my phone ringing and lied about being on the way to AiB. Once I hung up, I realized I overslept the day we were going to Beuel for Karneval. After an hour of running and asking and running, I made it to Beuel without cell service. I had so much fun being with everyone and throwing candies to people, but the lack of sleep for the past week caught up. This day feels like a fever dream when I think about it.

After all this, Friday classes went fine, and then, I went home to pack for Berlin. Experienced another train delay before even leaving. 

For the first day, the weather in Berlin was awful. We managed and still had a great time. In the evening, we went for dinner, and the man gave us free dessert. We love Italians.

Sunday was a brighter day. We got it visit the Pergamon Museum and saw beautiful sculptures and a magnificent panorama. We also got to visit the German History Museum. For dinner, we found another amazing Mexican restaurant. Those quesabirrias were phenomenal and the Michelada too! 

I cannot wait for a break, F1 pre-season testing, and season 5 of Drive to Survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment