Monday, February 27, 2023

Week 8 (27th Februar - 5th Marsch)

There was another public transportation strike, so zoom classes it was. I realized I didn't have any food to make, so I took a quick walk to a Rewe about a mile away. After grocery shopping, I saw there was a hiking trail, so I decided why not. The sun was starting to set, so I started walking down. I ran into two women with a beautiful black poodle (I think). The older one spoke to me in German, but I didn't understand, so I continued walking. I finally looked at the younger woman; their side profile seemed so familiar. I was still unsure and I didn't want to embarrass myself by saying a random name. If I was to embarrass myself, I probably wouldn't see these women ever in my life, so I blurt out, "Reagan?" The younger woman turns around and says, "I thought that was you!" It was such a nice coincidence running into Reagan and walking with her host mom for a while. It brought a bit of sanity into this boring day. 

I threw a football with a guy from Lafayette and chatting with someone from another school was nice.

I got to talk to my brother, and it made me realize that I miss third wheeling with his girlfriend and him.

I attended my second Dortmund game with Erin and Peri this time. It was amazing. I can say I am a Dortmund fan now. 4 hours later, we were getting on a bus to Amsterdam.

The first day in Amsterdam was great except I was running on 3 hours of sleep for two days, so that night I crashed. We also crashed the ER, but that's another story.

I am a big Van Gogh fan, and when we went to the museum, it was a dream come true. Victoria and I got to stay there for a long time, and it was worth it. We even hassled a worker for a stamp. After that, we went to the Heineken Experience, and it was also a great experience. Vic and I got food before leaving and had the worse bus ride back. We got back safely and that was that.


No comments:

Post a Comment