Monday, February 20, 2023

Week 6

 This week was so stressful. To start it off, we found out that we did not do well on our first Phys 2 exam, and Dr. Wasser let us redo it. To say my anxiety was not through the roof was an understatement. Then, we had a Phys 1 exam and a Phys Lab exam. This week was full of exams and stress. With the redo on the Phys 2 exam, I did much better and was actually confident in myself. The lab exam, I ended up running out of time and had to guess on quite a few questions... disappointing but not the end of the world. I am still waiting on the Phys 1 exam results, but I am a little worried because I felt like it was harder than the first Phys 2 exam. The good thing about the week was Karneval! I was a little skeptical, but it was actually a lot of fun. We had to get to the AiB a little early, but the parade was actually a blast. A lot of laughs and memories from Karneval for sure. After the parade, a few of us went to the Haus of Doner and I actually got to try a Doner!! It was so good, and the staff there are so nice. I think it also helps that Amanda is a regular, because the worker calls her Texas and it is the funniest thing. Once this week was over, Saturday morning we headed to Berlin!! Berlin was cold and rainy, and also extremely busy. We dropped our things off at the hotel and then headed out to the city. We went to this Pizza Place that had gluten free pizza... Let's just say it was horrible. Very strange, and the food was not it. After this, we headed to meet up with the other people in our travelling group. We explored a little and then headed to this cute little Italian place. The food in my opinion was not the best, but the servers were so nice and actually gave us all free dessert. After this, we headed back to the hotel, and everyone came to Amanda's and I hotel room. We all just hung out, played a few games, and then headed to bed. On Sunday we slept in for a bit, and then headed out to explore the city. We couldn't find anywhere that would fit our group for breakfast, so that was fun and an interesting morning. We went to an art market, and a museum. Both were extremely cool! Later that day, we went and got mexican food at this taco place. It was SO GOOD. This was the best mexican food that I have had in such a long time, and we all scarfed it down. After we all ate, we headed back to the hotel and just hung out for a bit. On Monday, we went to the Reichstag Building and a few other places like the Berlin Wall. The Reichstag was so fascinating. Learning how the panels worked there and seeing Berlin from the top was so much fun. The Berlin wall was really moving to see, especially with the timeline of photos they had along it as well. We had an early train to catch, so we headed to the station after a quick stop at the Cathedral. The train was quick and Amanda and I got off in Koln so we could head to Siegburg. We forgot all about Karneval, so we saw a lot of drunk people in costumes at the station. One guy was so gone,  we thought he was going to fall into the tracks. Once we made it on the train, these drunk girls were crawling on the floor looking for something, and the whole train smelled like vomit. Once we finally made it to Siegburg, vomit was everywhere... and I mean everywhere. I am so glad we had one day to experience Karneval... 

I missed home, after the travelling this week, I am excited to just relax this weekend coming before we head to Amsterdam in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment