Monday, February 27, 2023

Week 7: February 21-26

This week was pretty ordinary overall – lots of school. On Tuesday, we had History of Medicine, physiology lab, and pharmacology. On Wednesday, we had our physiology lecture exam review, an enmodes session, the second intercultural workshop, and German class. The enmodes session went really well. We missed having Elizabeth there since she was sick all week, but Pat and I made some good progress on our idea. Our team was assigned the name “The Death Eaters” by Dr. Wasser because neither Pat nor I could come up with anything else and neither of us have seen Harry Potter. Sorry, Elizabeth, if you have. In the intercultural workshop, we learned about stolpersteine, which are small stone memorials to Holocaust survivors. Then, we played a Jeopardy-like trivia game, which Kassy, Peri, Erin, and I won. In German, we learned sentence structure, question words, and some more irregular verb conjugations. That evening, I had movie night with Wyatt. On Thursday, we had History of Medicine, physiology, and pharmacology. Lakka has been coming to class a lot this week, and it's always nice to have her excitement and energy in the room. On Friday, I didn’t have class until 2:15pm (enmodes), so I got to sleep in, which was much needed. But I was still so tired all day that I wasn’t very productive at all. We had our physiology exam retake, and then I went home and shadowed a prenatal genetic counselor via telemedicine. That was really fun, and it remined me of how much I love genetics. This weekend was pretty relaxing, as I didn’t travel anywhere. I was rather productive on Saturday, slept in on Sunday, and watched a lot of Aggie baseball. We have Zoom classes on Monday because of another transportation strike. I am going to try to get in the habit of going to bed earlier and waking up earlier so that I have time to study for the MCAT and work on my med school application in the mornings. We’ll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment