Sunday, January 22, 2012

They chill really hard here in Bonn

This week has already been a trip of a lifetime. Honestly only fantastic things have happened. First off, my host family is awesome. My dad has a great sense of humor. We have already shared many laughs together. My mom is really sweet and sometimes leaves nice notes for me. I really like my room, it is nice and cozy.

Every day has been quite an adventure. I've really come to enjoy hanging out with people in our group. They are a lot of fun and quite entertaining. Kyle and I pretty much spend every minute together whenever we are not at our houses. We have had some great adventures in the nightlife here in Bonn. He speaks about it in his blog post, but one event I want to reiterate is the night we went to the Irish pub and met some folks our age celebrating one of their birthdays. The guys and girl we met were so genuinely nice and after talking awhile at the pub invited us back to the artist's place. His paintings were phenomenal. We stayed late into the night hanging out and talking and listening to great music. They really liked the music of my band back in College station which was very encouraging. One specific guy we met is named Christian. He is such an interesting and genuine person. I like to pride myself on distinguishing people's character and he is an awesome person. We've hung out with him a couple nights since then and it has always been the blast. I'm really thankful that Kyle and I became comfortable enough to introduce ourselves because the rewards have certainly been reaped. Also, Friday night was really fun. Pretty much everybody came out on the town with us. We went to this cool Australian pub called Billa Bonn. It was rather crowded, but that was because it was the first game of the Bundesliga season and a lot of people were there watching the game. Despite the many people, it was really cool that we all went out together. We are a diverse yet awesome group of people, and I'm thankful that everybody is here.

Last but not least, class. I really like the physiology class. The material is quite interesting, especially when presented by Dr. Wasser, who himself resembles a scientific encyclopedia. The professor for our German class is really cool. She's funny and teaches the class in a very learning-oriented fashion.

All in all it has been a great week. My favorite parts is just walking around this stunning city with some awesome new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment