Wednesday, January 11, 2012

One Foot Out the Door

Just five more days! As anxious as I’ve felt about it sometimes, I’m excited to get the most out of this awesome opportunity. I’ve been getting tons of sleep over winter break since I’m planning on getting very little of it in the coming months (in an amazing long nights kind of way- not a cramming, half-dying kind of way). The warm weather in Houston made it feel a little funny buying so many winter clothes, but I’m sure it’ll be worth it. Now that I’m all geared up, I’m feeling so ready to go. I know I’ll miss my family and friends from school for four months, but sometimes you have to let go of some things to gain others.

It’s amazing how you can spend weeks preparing to leave for somewhere and then one day it just hits you that you’re going. I’ve been abroad once before on a 10 day trip to Greece, but I never learned the language, and wasn’t so immersed in the culture as much as I was just touring. I’m hoping this whole experience will be different. Talking to my hosts took a load off my mind as far as worrying how my living situation will be. They seem as nice as anyone could over a few emails. They also have a dog who will be getting a new best friend. I hope to get to know them better over the course of the semester, and learn as much as I can from them including the little quirks of the language, the general interests of Germans our age, the music that’s most popular, and what and what not to eat amongst other things.

I’m still working on goals for the coming months, but in general I’m hoping to do the best I can in class while enjoying as many places as I possibly can with people I’m still learning more about, and trying to grow from it all. That’s it no biggie. Oh, and maybe find out exactly how special European soccer is (playing and watching).

I guess that’s enough of me for now. Take care everyone

Here’s to an incredible semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment