Monday, January 9, 2012

Six Days To Go!

I feel like every time I end up traveling I find out last minute. Summer 2010 I spent three months travelling across Latin America, and found out one month before I left. Deciding to go to Germany happen almost the exact same way. I decided the semester before to give up my Spring semester in College Station for Germany, and I could not be more excited

I've spent the last week trying to pack for this trip. First, I've never been to Europe. I've seen real snow twice in my life. I'm also very, very good at over-packing. Trying to 'pack light' has been pretty difficult. Below is a picture of me trying to figure out what to take on this trip.


Trying to pack this week has completely realized the beginning of this trip. I keep going back and forth from nervous to excited to terrified. I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas, and only ever moved to College Station for school. I can't even begin to imagine how different this experience will be.

My family in Germany seems very nice :) .



I'll be honest, I'm most excited about the food. I very seriously considered going to culinary school instead of Texas A&M when graduating high school, and food is still one of my greatest passions. That being said I will miss Tex-Mex most from back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment