Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Honey Chips


I started off this week with one class on Monday, two classes on Tuesday, and one class and a tour of the House of History on Wednesday (today). The picture on this blog post is at the museum. Needless to say, I have not been extremely busy academically. However, I have found other ways to spend my time. Yesterday, I decided that I am going to attempt my first ever half-marathon on April 22nd in Bonn. Honestly, I’m nervous about it. I started running today only to find out that I am out of shape (big surprise). This endeavor is not going to be a walk in the park!


In regards to life at home, things have been somber. Our host mother’s mom is in the hospital now so she has been spending most of her time there with her mom. Hopefully everything turns out well and she gets better soon. In an attempt to make things a little brighter, Kathryn and I bought some yellow flowers from the market to brighten the house.


On a happier note, I am very excited for the week of February 6th because my grandparents are coming to visit, and then that weekend we are traveling to visit my cousin in Switzerland. It’s strange that I miss my family this much already so I am definitely happy that I will get to see at least part of it soon.


Also, Kathryn and I made a video tour of the house we are staying at. It was impromptu so it came out a little funny. If you want to see it, it’s posted on our facebooks! I have also discovered that Honey Chips cereal is delicious.


P.S. Anyone reading this is more than welcome to join us in training for the run!

No comments:

Post a Comment