Sunday, January 29, 2012

Respect

OH YEA, Amsterdam.... and Cameron ruining the picture. Well, that's what he gets. Now he's the main focus of my blog.

Amsterdam this weekend was amazing! The city was beautiful with all the old buildings and the river going through the center. The Van Gogh Museum was also something I think nobody should miss! Of course, Amsterdam was also surreal. Not only because of the landscape, but the things that Holland considers to be "legal".

I don't know if everyone that goes to Amsterdam feels the same way, but I couldn't get over it! I was so intrigued by these people and their different state of mind. I realize prostitution and drugs are everywhere, but not literally in your face as you walk down the street. I could have written a document this weekend because of how curious I was over all these things.

I'm not entirely sure if my topic is becoming appropriate, so moving on to a funny story. On the way to Amsterdam on the train, the group sat next to some loud but funny, young Germans. Yesenia and I were sitting in front of them, so we weren't necessarily involved in the conversation, but just laughed along to what they were talking about. No, there was no need to eavesdrop since they were all talking and laughing extremely loud which was getting a couple across from us very annoyed. We knew the couple was from Spain since they were complaining in Spanish the whole time. The lady especially, kept giving evil glares back at the group and told them to be quiet. Her husband kept trying to calm her down, but I felt like this just encouraged her to try harder to get what she wanted. I'm pretty sure he was scared for his life since these German guys were not only intoxicated, but looked much bigger than him. The lady, on the other hand, could care less. She kept giving threats about throwing something at them or talking to a worker and after a while I was thinking she just enjoyed complaining. She eventually did go and complained to someone with no result, so tried to calm down and get some rest. When she realized this wouldn't work, she got up, opened her wattle bottle, and without looking back, swung what was left of it onto the group. Yesenia and I could not believe what had just happened. This lady might have been crazy, but she was also extremely brave! I felt sorry for the guys, but I just have to admit it was hilarious. And to that lady from Spain, all I have to say is: RESPECT.
Here's the best picture I found. Sorry Chibuzo, Dr. Wasser made me do it. He wants you on the front page of the study abroad office, as do I.    

No comments:

Post a Comment