Sunday, January 22, 2012

One Long Blur

Not really sure how this whole week passed by so quickly and there is much more to come, but I'd have to say that so far the experience in Bonn has been awesome. Getting eased into classes while touring the city was definitely the best way to go and I'm happy to say I'm getting comfortable here. Well, as comfortable as you can feel when "where is the bathroom" is still a difficult phrase to recall.
My host family has been very busy so they couldn't be around much, but any time they are here they're so nice and accommodating I almost feel bad for refusing any of the things they offer. I love listening to them speak German to each other and trying to catch the few words I've learned so far (most of which came in the process of buying things in Bonn). While the German people are a bit more reserved and serious than average Americans they're still friendly in their own way and helpful when you need it.
As we start to be less like tourists and more like residents I feel like we'll really get to appreciate the daily life in an interesting place like this. I'm ready for round 2. Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment