Saturday, January 21, 2012

First Reactions

All I can say is: WOW! But I realize I should probably elaborate:
Der Bonner Münster

I am so appreciative of the opportunity to be on this trip already. My host family is wonderful (pretty good cooks, on top of that) and well-seasoned in the area of hosting foreign students, I have learned. I'm slowly getting used to navigating what I guess is downtown Bonn, but it still throws me for a loop sometimes when I pass by an area I know, but at a different time of day than usual (night/day differences). I think I've also finally gotten the bus schedules figured out! Despite living about a half-hour outside of Bonn, I feel like I'm not that disconnected from the city; it's also nice to have two others from the program living near me.

Apart from that, I look forward to what living in another country will throw at me this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment