Sunday, January 8, 2012

Before the Adventure Begins

Everyone that I turn to and talk about Germany seems to be saying, you must be so excited! I expect that most people in this situation would be excited.  Me? I am absolutely terrified! Okay really it’s just a mix of nervousness and anticipation, but the idea of an entire semester of living in a foreign country is daunting.   I have found though, that those feelings of nervousness and terror are the ones you have to seek out.  So I say, bring it.

Even with all of the orientation sessions, the excitement did not hit me until I got the email from my host family. I could not have asked for a better family.  They are really nice and the kids have some of the same interests as me (reading, playing sports, and music).  The icing on the cake though was the fact that the house has a piano.  I have played piano since 1st grade, but stopped in college as there was not easy access to an instrument.  I am excited to play again and have spent some time this break brushing up on my music.

No comments:

Post a Comment