Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fun on the Rhine


So my first Sunday in Bonn was pretty awesome. Although I was really excited to learn about an English-speaking Protestant church in Bonn, I still have to figure out some bus route details on how to get there. After breakfast Andrea and I decided to walk around and see a little more of Bonn without having to look through the windows of our tram. We made it to the river and found a really neat Japanese garden... It was kind of like a culture-inception. Americans in a Japenese garden in a German park. We followed the Rhine up until we made it to the center of Bonn and stopped for some hot chocolate before heading home. It's unexpected findings like this that I've appreciated most about this city. It seems like even the most unimpressive buildings have a story and a part in history. It was a great ending to our first full week in Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment