Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Monday!

Well I'm not exactly sure what to say here but it seems that we're all pretty much excited to go to Germany. I remember when I was applying I would get giddy thinking that next semester I could be in another country. Now that time has gone by and it's almost time to start the program there is a slight feeling of disbelief that I'm actually doing this. Maybe this feeling will continue on well into the end of this month?
Before school ended for the semester the family I'll be staying with sent me an email introducing themselves. I don't know much about them. It'll be a surprise to meet them this coming week and get to know them over the course of this semester.
I'm not entirely sure what to expect these next few months. There will be so many new experiences that I'll have changed and grown by the time I go home. By the time May comes around there will be a clearer idea of what kind of future I would like to have. Hopefully finding my way around a foreign country could become second nature. In Europe so many countries are within reach it's amazing to think how different each week could be. Even if it's within the country or the city of Bonn it'll still be a weekend unlike anything College Station can offer. Apart from the travelling there's so much to learn about German culture and language firsthand instead of from a textbook back home.
All I can hope for is that all this fun won't interfere with the actual work that has to be done this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment