Sunday, January 22, 2012

Misadventures so Far...

I did not realize how foolish I was to think that I would not get lost on the German transportation system while here. So far, I, and sometimes Chibuzo too, have gotten lost, or missed a train or bus by a second, about a dozen times, but this is good. I think we learned that it is better to be somewhere twenty minutes early rather than getting there right on time or twenty minutes late. Also, white trains on track 3 at Bonn hbf go to Koblenz, not Bad Godesberg, that's a trip no one wants to make.

Aside from getting lost, Germany has been a very positive experience so far. I am very thankful for having a very nice and warm host family who are very willing to help me out if I ever need anything. It's funny, I think I have learned about half of the German I know now from my host family.

I am glad that we had a whole week to see the town of Bonn and get lost now so that we wouldn't have to stress about seeing the city and hit the books (other than physiology obviously). I feel like the AIB helped give very informative tours of the city that were instrumental to my understanding of the layout and history of this old city. It was pretty funny when I realized the connection between the english word de-fenestration, to throw something or someone out of a window, das fenster, and the Latin root word. I say that because I tried testing an old english professor's knowledge of english by asking him what de-fenestration meant, he asked "What about throwing people out of windows?" I then thanked him for his time and left  with my tail between my legs.

We had our first Physiology class this week and I am wondering how it will be to learn this subject with such a small number of students in a classroom. This should be a very interesting experience in the classroom as it will be very close interaction between the students and el maestro. Along with smaller classes, I am excited to about being able to go and visit some important historical landmarks of the medical community. Also, I hope we get to see scooter sometime. I think I'm going to get his album and go to Mcfit to workout to it... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment