Thursday, March 26, 2020

Week 8 in Europe (aka Last)

Hello from America :(
That's right, you read correctly, from America. Sadly, due to the Corona Virus Pandemic, we had to get sent home. However, before we did, I am so grateful that we still got to go on Spring Break to Spain. I left a day later than everyone else in order to celebrate a friend of my host sister's birthday on the Friday before Spring Break. We went laser tagging, and it was so hard to understand what was going on in German. Then on Saturday I flew to Madrid. I absolutely loved the architecture of Madrid and we kind of just roamed around aimlessly. We went to one of the coolest night life spots I have ever seen. 7 Stories and a giant cool air fan. Unfortunately, I got my phone pick pocketed, so I didn't get to see as much of Madrid as I would have liked due to having to figure out a new phone. But then we got to go to Lisbon, Portugal. And it was one of my favorite cities I have ever been to. We went on a food tour and had the most incredible food and drinks. We spent another day on a gorgeous beach just a little outside the city. Then we got to Barcelona, where we enjoyed one day on the beach followed up with a trip to a Dine in the Dark experience where you eat in complete blindness. It was such a cool dinner. However, at this point we got news that we were getting sent home so the rest of Barcelona was spent social distancing and stressing about getting home. So now I'm at home in quarantine, a little sad. But hey it's all apart of the Hero's Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment