Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Week 7

Rosenmontag is an awesome holiday! It's the epitome of Carneval and I highly recommend celebrating it in Koln. The only downside was that the next day we had our German final at 8:45am. BMEN had many classes that would start at 8:45am which was a great burden to everyone especially following Rosenmontag. Despite this, the week was pretty short but I got to try out some more food in the Marktplatz. This weekend I'm going to Berlin to check out the history there and celebrate my birthday.

In Berlin, my friends and I saw many cool attractions and memorials. Firstly, we went to the museum  district but decided not to go in because it would've been too expensive for us but we instead took some good pictures. We then walked to check out the Jewish Holocaust Memorial which was super intriguing because the artist left no reasoning behind why he designed it in such a claustrophobic and ominous sensation as one walks through. We then checked out the East Berlin Wall Memorial which was pretty neat. Seeing all the different artworks was interesting because they all had some sort of political messages behind them. For my birthday we went out to explore the nightlife and had a great time!

Overall this week has been exciting but there is rising concern about the coronavirus which may end my vacation plans to Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment