Friday, March 27, 2020

Week 3/22/20 to 3/28/20

I've had a full week of adjusting and it's been nice to be home. I missed my mom's cooking along with having my own personal decorated space. If I could I would've rathered stayed in Germany seeing that the U.S has more cases FOR A VIRUS THAT STARTED OVERSEAS. OVERSEAS. Let that statement marinate a little. There's no reason to why it should've gotten this extreme, but hey at least the U.S is number one at something right? I get so frustrated because I feel like some people just feel so entitled or are ignorant of being out and about not treating the disease seriously when people are losing their family members to this virus. People are running with people around them and want to go out in public than ever before but why now? Why now that we have a pandemic on our hands? It doesn't make sense. I see people on social media posting the dumbest of opinions, and even being racist about this whole situation and I am not shy at all to tell them off or educate them a little.  I don't mean to sound any type of way but it is frustrating to even have our president call the coronavirus the Chinese virus. The cracks in the system are finally showing to some people. It's sad to see that it has taken a pandemic for some people to see the reality of other's people's lives and the flaws in the system. Today a teenager died from the coronavirus due to medics refusing to treat him because he had no insurance. I really hate it here. I have a feeling this is going to last longer than August. I'm not really complaining about having to stay in because growing up in a Hispanic household it feels like I've been in quarantine my whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment