Friday, March 27, 2020

Week 3/15/20 to 3/21/20

It was so unreal having to go home and pack just to go back to my real home. It was a lot of traveling to get back home and I'm sure I traveled for about 25+ hours without sleep. I cried leaving my host parents house because we have a lot of little jokes and laugh so much and it was so nice. Writing this I'm flashing the image of them standing on the curbside of the house as the taxi left at 3am to take my to catch my first train. It was sad and little things would make me sentimental but I stopped after awhile . For my first flight from Frankfurt to Chicago it was 8 hours and the first check in the lady made me stand in a premium line so ya girl got her flight seat upgraded for free and I had so much space for myself which was great. After that it was a lot of different flights and buses and I was so exhausted by the end of it. At Chicago we had coronavirus/ immigration screening which was surprisingly really fast. The people behind me almost got in a fight which I was low-key all there for it. The guy behind me was complaining because we were in line for about 30 mins and there were no workers to which was understandable to why he was upset and the old lady behind him was "I also have to catch my connecting flight you're not special" LMAOOOOO I was about to say something but once I start saying stuff it would've been a different ending so I just kept my mouth shut and they eventually stopped arguing. Mrs.Coronavirus really ended my study abroad program but I had so much fun and I wouldn't exchange what I learned from my peers from my teachers and to my own individual experiences for anything. I loved the 2-3ish months we had together.

No comments:

Post a Comment