Sunday, March 1, 2020

Bonn Week 6

Kickin' off the week with Karneval in Cologne!
This was the craziest party I've ever been to-- Northgate has never, will never. I got up earlier in the day than Dany and met up with Enrique to meet some other people in Cologne. We got food in Cologne Hbf, found everyone, and then started drinking at like 11 AM. I'll be honest, some of the sequence of events is a little fuzzy, but I spent some time talking to Kaitlyn and I like her a lot!! I met a group of German girls who were also dressed as bees and hung out with them for a little while and they asked a lot of questions, which was a lot of fun. I wish I'd taken more pictures during Karneval, but I was pretty preoccupied with the whole ~experience~ of a nationwide party. I thought I'd go home earlier in the day, but I ended up staying until around midnight, when Enrique and I were kinda done with the club and wanted to go back to Bonn. I was glad that someone else wanted to leave because I really didn't want to go home alone but I also didn't love the idea of staying at the club with a bunch of guys circling our group like sharks looking for an opening.
Over the weekend, we (me, Enrique, Dany, Cody, Bri, Katrina, and Kevin) went to Berlin, where we found even more amazing brunch places and explored the city in search of a beer garden. It was fun walking around, and we saw some important Holocaust memorials. Berlin is a really beautiful city with a lot of history, and it felt like a milestone in any Germany trip. We went to a restaurant kinda like Chipotle, which was a delicious change of pace. I really enjoyed our trip, even though the boys probably never want to hear us say "girls trip!" ever again. But who can blame us? We could use another girl's trip, preferably with Katrina!








No comments:

Post a Comment