Sunday, March 8, 2020

Bonn Week 7

This week was pretty busy and academically demanding, but it's spring break so it's Spain time! I flew into Madrid with Cody, Dany, Enrique, and Bri, and Katrina met us on the second day. Cody split at the airport to go stay with John and Matt from Amsterdam, so the rest of us went to the Airbnb to check in and settle in a little. We went out for dinner and drinks and walked around the city, and I am absolutely in love with Madrid. I could live here forever and be happy; this city is so beautiful, and I'm glad that I'm here with friends who speak Spanish because I feel like a child most of the time but also very ~cultured~ when I can understand or contribute to conversations in Spanish. We took some amazing pictures, then went back to go to bed. In the morning, we got up and Bri made breakfast, which was amazing. We found ourselves at an arboretum that was !!!!! and then drank overpriced sangria in the sun and appreciated being warm outside for the first time in months. We took lots of pictures, then bought some t shirts at a cute shop and went to Chocolateria San Gines for hot chocolate and churros, which my uncle recommended from his trip to Madrid. We tried to go to a restaurant that Dany knew from her last visit, and ended up making a reservation for Monday. That night, everyone got together with Cody and his friends (including Jonas!) and we went to a 7 story club that was CRAZY. Honestly the first floor was the best, but the others were definitely worth checking out. The drinks were crazy expensive, so once the adrenaline wore off, it was time to go home. We got up the next morning and went to the restaurant where we had our reservation, and it was so nice!! They had pictures all over the walls of celebrities eating there, and kept bringing us plates of food without us asking, but they still charged us? I imagine it'd be perfect if I had unlimited money to spend on a meal, but it was pretty pricey! Definitely worth it for the experience and the steak. After that, I got tired pretty quickly and didn't have the best time for a couple hours, and we found out that Katrina lost her phone at the club. It was still a great day, and it's always fun hanging out with my friends in apartments. I absolutely love Madrid, and I'll be sad when we leave, but I'm super excited for Portugal!





No comments:

Post a Comment