Monday, March 16, 2020

My last two weeks In Europe(8&9)

The last two weeks have been mostly a blur. I went from finishing week 8 with a test in bmen 211 and then metting my family that weekend in Bonn. In week 8 i didn’t know much muy study and workout because the following week would be spring break. Little did I know it would also be my last week in Europe.....

My family came to visit me for spring break. First we spent a few days in Bonn. I was able to show them around and tell the some of the cool facts i knew about the town. They loved how small and beautiful Bonn was. We even had dinner together with my host mom.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1iN1hRQSp5SCvjbfsaPdXiBuoEWTCbmpS
Of course, i had to show my brother the best store in the town. After Bonn we went to Brussels, Belgium where we spent the next three days.
Belgium had some of the best food I ate during my time in Europe. We stayed in a nice hotel right next to the Square. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1v89Mx_BcznH2okY74JFWwOeXECX7ggXz
The square here in Brussels was gorgeous. The buildings were all leafed with gold, restaurants and street performers lined the edges of this large square. We walked around this area a lot and went to shops. We even found the famous pissing man. I thought it was odd that he was wearing an outfit, i think it took away from how funny the statue is naked.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=17pBqAsyrfE--Geyeb3Gpp_lpGPg_vk2y


Another place in Belgium we went to was called Brugge. Brugge is small town but it’s a tourist town.
The two. has a lot of old fairy tale type building. We took a one hour train there on Wednesday. Of course like Brussels the food was great and the sun actually came out. There isn’t a lot of sunshine in Belgium but Brugge got some and it made the town that much more magic. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1E_Sm-GBHb90WomNycac3z0DHjrVa-_AS
After this day we found out about the Declaration by the US to close its borders in response to the Corona Virus. At this point we travelled back to Bonn and my parents stayed in Köln. I packed my things and said good bye to the city and Saturday morning I left to come back home.

THOUGHTS:
At first I was in complete shock. I just did what i needed to do and went where i needed to go. It wasn’t until I was sitting in the taxi on my way to the airport that it hit me what was going on. I was leaving Europe, where I was going to be for the next two months, and was on my way home. At this point i began to get real sad because I didn’t feel like i was ready to go. I felt like my hero’s journey still had more to go. Maybe this was part of the journey and it hasn’t ended yet, just changed and now i need to adapt once again. I’m upset too. Upset in the mass hysteria by media, people, and the government. I felt like it would have been easier and safer just to keep every one who is international where they are. The last few days have been a mess. Between traveling last minute and worrying about classes and the virus i’ve just been so discombobulated. I have no idea what is going on with my classes or what i’m doing. Maybe i’ll spend some time in cstat? I’m not sure, but what i am sure about is that i wish i was still in Germany. 
If we are supposed to keep writing these blogs then perhaps you’ll hear from me in the following weeks. If not, and this is my last blog then farewell
and Tschuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment