Sunday, March 1, 2020

WEEK 7

The highlight of Week 7 is easily taking a solo trip to Switzerland. I know I wanted to do some solo traveling going into this study abroad and this experience was the perfect way to do it. I went to Interlaken and Lauterbrunnen. I spent my time perusing through the cities and in Interlaken (the city between two lakes) I went on a winter kayaking tour. Switzerland is definilty one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. I definitely expected that but what surprised me is how diverse it is. Or at least the places I traveled to which is not a huge surprise considering there are popular travel destinations. 

On a more serious note, when I went on the winter kayaking tour, I met a couple girls that had been studying in Milan and Florence and had found out the night before that their study abroad had been canceled due to the increased CDC travel warning level to a 3. This means that our Italy spring break trip is no more and we are going to have to find somewhere else to go.

While there are no travel warnings for Germany yet, I am beginning to get concerned that we are in danger of the same thing happening to us. While I have been in Switzerland, someone in Bonn was discovered to have the corona virus. With Karneval having just happened and all the parades that come with it, the virus had a perfect opportunity to spread. I have heard that back in Bonn people are buying up all the non-perishable foods, soap and hand sanitizer in the grocery store.




2/28/20

This is the view from Chalet Swiss. I do not want to go home. 




2/29/20

A view from the shore of the lake where we went kayaking. No filter needed. 





2/29/20

Some pictures from the winter kayaking tour!


No comments:

Post a Comment