Sunday, March 29, 2020

Week 5 - Surprise Extra Day

This week, we were supposed to leave Prague on Sunday, but due to bad weather our flight was canceled. We ended up having to find an emergency hotel, as our flight didn't leave until Monday! It wasn't too stressful though, as I was more than happy to spend an extra day in Prague! We walked the Charles Bridge on Sunday, and I picked up some earrings for myself and my mother! They are beautiful and unique, and I'm very happy with them! When we got back to Bonn, I immediately had a Genetics test and then went straight into shadowing at the University Clinic. I was able to watch an eardrum repair and a cyst removal surgery,  both of which were very interesting! The surgeon for the cyst removal even taught me how to do a basic suture and let me try it myself! Not on the patient, of course, but on some spare pieces of gauze. It was a new experience that I'm thankful for. I also found out on Friday that I was accepted into the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2024!! It was an amazing end to the week, and it makes me even more excited for the months to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment