Sunday, March 29, 2020

Week 6 - Celebration!

This week was a week of celebration! I got to truly experience what Karneval was like this week, and it was absolutely insane, but also a lot of fun! On Thursday, we all participated in a parade where we got to toss candy to people. Some of the students were trying to throw candy up to people in the second, or even third, stories of their houses! It was quite funny watching people try to catch the candy with anything they could. Someone even used an umbrella to catch candy! On Sunday, I went to watch the parade in my neighborhood with my host family! Everyone in the family dressed up. My host mother was a frog, my host sister was a bee, and I was a sailor! We all collected a lot of candy and snacks, more than I will ever be able to eat. The floats and costumes were all so colorful and wonderful! I really enjoyed my time with my host family this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment