Sunday, April 10, 2016

Week 11

This week has been quite relaxing and stress free. There were no tests this week, only two quizzes. The quizzes went surprisingly well, and classes were good. It's weeks like this one when I enjoy being in Bonn and not in College Station. Sometimes I feel like "easy weeks" back home can still be somewhat stressful.

We had our pre-departure meeting for France on Monday. For lunch we got to learn to make our own crepes! It was so much fun. It was also interesting to see everyone and how well they could do it compared to the others. During the meeting we learned about all of the cool stuff we would be doing in France. We are going to go to Colmar, Beaune, and Paris. After we leave Paris on Friday, a group of us are going to go to Spain! I am so excited! Spain is the last place on my list of places to go on this trip. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to be able to go, but it is happening!

On Friday we went to Bingen to visit the museum about Hildegard von Bingen. It was very interesting. The way the museum was set up was also very nice. After the museum we went to get ice cream at a well known place in the city center. It was by far some of the best ice cream I have ever had. Saturday was a day of relaxing. I honestly think I stayed in my bed for the majority of the day. Sunday I got out of the house and met some friends in town. We cheered on some of the marathon runners, and then headed to the Rewe to get some snacks for our trip. The weather in Bonn is beginning to get beautiful! It's so nice to get to spend most of your day outside without freezing.

There's only 24 days left in Germany. I can honestly say that it has been the best experience of my life. I have seen some amazing places and things. I couldn't have asked for a better semester than this one. I am however ready to go home. I miss my friends and family. Today is Seth's 22nd Birthday. It's hard not getting to be there for his first birthday together. I sent my love though. I can't wait to see what's in store for these last 24 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment