Monday, April 25, 2016

Bonn Marathon

Well I did it, I successfully completed my first half-marathon. I went into the marathon with little to no training, and not preparing my body in the best way. The experience of running in this was one of a kind with all of the people lined up and cheering you on, even with mushroom cardboard that say "Tap here to power up". Throughout the course you could get bananas, water, cola, and even...kolsch. I completed the half-marathon 5 minutes under my goal time at 1:54, and felt decently okay after running. Thanks to my host brother being at the last 5 km, he told me how much time I had left. I inhumanly was even able to run the last 4 miles in 25 minutes which is a 6.25 minute mile.After the race we were welcomed with unlimited alcohol and alcohol free beer, barbecue, deserts, and fruits. I think even after running the half marathon I ate more calories then I had burned. All in all, I would do the Bonn Marathon again and can't wait to do my next half-marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment