Thursday, April 28, 2016

#12 On the journey to Paris…

March 21st -27th
So what even happened this week? I was terribly sick, as I mentioned. My Mum took off to the other side of the world after a sorrowful goodbye. And in the absence of Internet in the new apartment I resolved to put more effort into things I cherish, a resolve that quickly perished upon the acquisition of a Wifi stick. Ah well, the Internet truly is my bane. I’ve been reading a ton, tearing through page after page & in a way, I suppose, exploring the minds of others. Flipping through my phone, I already wish I’d taken a thousand more pictures of everywhere I’ve been and everything I’ve seen. It’s difficult not to be totally enthralled by this entire experience, I feel so lucky!

I’m writing this on the bus on the way to Paris, because, lazy me, I’ve been putting off these blog posts. We’ve passed such quaint little villages, Les Vosgues, the Black Forest, chatted about the possibility of alchemist nuns. Even though the trip is long, I don’t get bored gazing out the window. I want to imprint every moment into my memory, to hold them close forever. Wandering through Colmar I was lucky enough to stumble across a few of the buildings (I think) from Howl’s Moving Castle—childhood dream come true! I’m fairly certain I spotted the balcony where Howl says goodbye to Sophie after their first meeting, and where she speaks with her sister in the storage room. It was so exciting. The city itself was incredibly picturesque. I swear I’ll live there one day! (Along with Assissi, & Edinburgh, & Vienna, & Dublin… Oh dear, that list is getting long, I guess I’ll have buy a house in each one--the practical, financially sound thing to do, you know?).

I confess, I miss video games, & am feeling a bit deprived in that area. That’s what I get for abandoning my DS on my bedside cabinet. I figured I wouldn’t have a moment to spare here, but there are moments when all I’m seeking is vegetation, some relaxation and it would have been nice just to play something mindless and simple.

What can you do?
Ashleigh  


PS: School, school, school! Studying takes up more time now, and we’re finally cracking down in pharmacology. I’ve chosen to study Oncolytic viruses, where the viruses act as the drug. Not going to lie, I’m excited! I’m glad I get to use a bit of my major over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment