Sunday, April 24, 2016

Snow in April

As I'm sitting at the AIB studying for the somewhat never-ending tests that I have this week, I hear a tapping noise. I look up to see that it is snowing outside. It is April, and it is snowing in Bonn, Germany. Don't get me wrong snow is fun and all, but I am ready for hot weather.

This past week, we have very nice weather. There wasn't a lot of raining (which is unusual for Bonn) and it was quite warm. I think one day it actually got into the 60s. It was nice to be able to study outside in the parks, at cafes, and on the balcony at the house. It actually made me excited to go back to Texas. Texas weather is of course very very very hot at times, but Germany cold weather is very very very very cold!

I have learned on this trip that I am definitely not made for cold weather. I actually hate being cold, but I have survived. The snow that we had was exciting. I really had never seen real snow like this. I am however ready for it to stop snowing, and to start sweating. (which is weird because I don't know anyone that just generally likes to sweat)

This is the last full week in Bonn. I am trying my best to take it all in before having to return back to Texas. It has been a real adventure, and I can't wait to see what else my life has in store for me. Hopefully after my last test on Thursday I can go for a walk through Bonn and the cherry blossoms to enjoy my last couple of days here. It will be a great reward for having finished strong.

But for now, it is back to the books. Physiology is calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment