Friday, April 1, 2016

#11

Spring break approaches!! It’s difficult to think about anything else when freedom looms so close. Hah, that makes school life sound so depressing. It’s not so bad really, everything is interesting, it’s just having to cram it all into your brain and then plug it in there so that it can’t escape that’s stressful.

I’ve been reading 1984 & am weirdly shocked by its parallels to our modern day world. It seems Orwell was quite prescient, some world leaders seemed to have used it as a hand guide rather than as a warning. Maybe that’s an exaggeration but still, frightening times, frightening world. Maybe it’s always been that way.

Hm, what else. Maybe something more about Copenhagen, that wonderful, wonderful city. So I had the most wonderful (I feel like I’ve used that word too much in quick succession) thing called Smørrebrod at Café M. A slither of bread topped with apricot jam, brie, and sweet grapes (you can get other toppings too). I think I’ve found my new addiction. In fact, I’m craving it right now. One of the tourist information booklets I read about Denmark said that Danes weren’t known for their cuisine, but I think they’re doing all right between the pastries and that beautiful Smørrebrod creation. What more do you really need in life?

Well… that’s all for now!

Ashleigh


PS. Also, this song has been going through my head over and over: Are there lilac trees in the heart of town? Can you hear a lark in any other part of town? Does enchantment pour out of every door? No, it’s just on the street where you live! (On the Street Where You Live-My Fair Lady)

No comments:

Post a Comment