Tuesday, April 12, 2016

The Calm before the Storm

This week we are traveling around France; next week I will be studying my butt off for tests and finishing up projects and presentations that are going to be due the following week. I'm really trying my best to enjoy France while we are here, and not be preoccupied with all the stress that is starting to pile up. It's somewhat hard though to not worry about things like this, especially when your grade depends on them.

So far in France we have seen the small cities of Colmar and Beaune. We got to visit two museums in these cities. I'm usually not a big museum person, but Hotel Dieu was very fascinating. This was a museum of what used to be a hospital. It was interesting to see all the differences between that hospital and the hospitals nowadays. These cities were filled with historic buildings and cobblestoned streets. It was a nice and relaxing atmosphere in both of these places.

We finished our road trip to Paris this afternoon. Upon arrival, we walked to our hotel and checked into our rooms. After dropping off our things, we met with our tour guide for the week, and he took us to the Latin quarters of Paris. This was a very exciting and lively place to be. There was music, bars, restaurants, and lots of people just hanging out and having fun. We continued to walk around the city a little bit more. We eventually ended up at the Cathedral of Notre Dame, and also the France police headquarters. I have already been into Notre Dame, but it was very nice to see it again as a more mature young lady. The police headquarters were huge. I don't remember it being so big before.

For dinner, we went to a crepery and had some pretty amazing crepes. We had both a savory crepe that was eggs, ham and cheese, and also a sweet crepe, which was nutella. Both were so good! I don't think I've every had anything that delicious in my life. After dinner, we caught the metro back to our hotel. I am now waiting for 1 am so that I can register for my final semester of classes.

The weeks are starting to get shorter, and the work that I have to do is starting to pile up. When I get back from Paris, I will have four tests, a quiz, a presentation, and to write a research paper. I am starting to get stressed, and worry. I don't like for things to be piled up like that, but I guess that's how study abroads go. Hopefully I can manage to keep my sanity as well as finish and study for everything that I have coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment