Tuesday, April 19, 2016

My two favorite cities in ONE week

Paris and Barcelona
This past week I went to Paris, Barcelona and Palma de Majorca. Spain and France are so amazing. Im going to make this post straight to the point, because we have 6 exams and 2 project due in the next 9 days. 
Paris: Paris has a special place in my heart. We went on a bike tour on Wednesday and it was my favorite memory of this entire semester. We got to see pretty much all of Paris in 4 hours, and our guide was great. We learned so much in such a short period of time. On Thursday, we went to Versailles and had a picnic in the garden. We walk around the gardens and saw the palace and the Queen's Hamlet. I would kill to get to live in a place like that. On Friday, we went to the Louvre, and I am not going to lie, The Monna Lisa is slightly disappointing. It is pretty tiny and just an average painting. I know.. I shouldn't talk bad about such a famous piece of work, and it was better than anything I could've done! I was just a little disappointed after hearing all of these amazing things. Over all, Paris won me over. I loved it so much, and I am so glad we got to go
Barcelona: Barcelona was full of relaxation and sun. On Friday we ate at a tapas bar (my new favorite kind of restaurant) and ate ourselves into an oblivion. On Saturday, we went on a bike tour with the same company as the one we went on in Paris. We got to see so much of Barcelona and got roasted in the process. I look like a lobster. Oh and two of the bikes got stolen while we were at lunch.. Then the people who took them just put them back while we were standing there and said nothing... It was so awkward. Saturday night we went to a Florence and the Machine concert, and it was so great! I love her and she is just as good in concert as she is on the radio. We had so much fun just forgetting about our stresses and singing at the top of our lungs. Sunday we spent the day laying on the beach drinking cocktails and getting cornrows. Once we left the beach, we went and saw the Sagrada Familia. It is so unbelievable. When finished, it will be the tallest church in Europe (twice as big as it is right now). It has taken almost 200 years to finish and each artist has put his own twist on the church. Each side looks completely different than the others. The inside of the church almost looks like you are in a rainforest with tree like pillars and beautiful stained glass. Barcelona holds the second spot in my list of favorite cities. 
Palma de Majorca: Majorca was a very relaxing 24 hours. No homework.. No worries. We just ran around on the beach and acted like food and ate our body weight in tapas. We ate at my favorite restaurant so far! It was so good and my tapas standards are so high. 

No comments:

Post a Comment