Saturday, April 30, 2016

Finals Week

Now that project presentations are over, all we had left to worry about was finals. This past week was definitely one of the hardest for not only myself, but everyone in the group. Finals week is never fun when you're in College Station, but it was exceptionally worse while in Germany. There were so many other things that everyone would have rather been doing this past week as one of our last weeks to be in Germany, but instead we all spent countless hours studying, studying, and studying more for our numerous finals.

This week I had four different tests. I had to take a third physiology lecture test over the heart, lungs, and kidneys. I also had my last physiology lab test, along with my physiology final. On top of the three physiology tests, I also had my pharmacology final. Oh, and let's not forget the personal narrative that I had to write for technical writing, and a research paper for my 485 credit. This week was a struggle.

I can recall lying on the floor, curled up in a blanket after my physiology lab test on Wednesday. I was definitely beginning to lose my mind. I think I got a total of 16 hours of sleep in my 4 days of tests this week. After finishing my last final on Thursday, I went home and passed smooth out around 8 pm. I felt like a little kid, but sleeping is all I wanted to do.

Friday we had to wake up early to go to Remagen. We got to visit the Peace Museum from World War II where the Remagen bridge once stood. It was very fascinating and nice to be able to meet the man who founded the museum. He had so many interesting stories to tell. After Remagen, we returned to Bonn for the farewell party. The party was spectacular. It was so nice to be able to see everyone and have dinner, tell stories, and dance to the music. After the party, a couple of us went out for drinks and some chill time. It was definitely a great end to a stressful week.

I now have only 4 days left in Germany. I am going to try and soak it all up while I can! I can't wait to go home, but I will be sad to say goodbye to such an awesome experience and even better people.

No comments:

Post a Comment