Friday, April 22, 2016

Bonn Marathon Weekend

This was the second chill weekend in a row I spent in Bonn. As much as I love going to new places, it was nice to not worry about caching flights or trains or buses and spend a little more time with my host family. Friday night the Bad Godesburg peeps had a little get together that Ryan, Blake, Rahil, Matti and I crashed. Some of these crazy people were running half marathons in less than two days, but I was not, so I didn't feel bad at all about partaking in some liquid stress relief. Also, a random Bonner in the train station taught me how to open a beer bottle with another beer bottle. And told us how to open a wine bottle with a shoe! You learn something new everyday.

Saturday morning (more like afternoon actually), a bunch of us got together at the Hofgarten in front of the university to play ultimate Frisbee. Even though I am absolutely terrible at Frisbee and anything sport related, it was a beautiful day with beautiful people and I had a lot of fun. Afterward we got ice cream and walked through a little fair/market/live music thing going on in the square. Now that the weather is actually tolerable, the people of Bonn are getting out more. I had some really good street pasta, then went over to Shawn and Gunnar's to study and try to plan my life for the next semester. I'll be honest, planning my schedule is my least favorite part of college. Hopefully everything turns out okay and I'll be able to graduate at some point in my life.

Sunday was the actual Bonn Marathon, which I did not participate in. I used to love running and I probably would have given it a shot...but I forgot running shoes and I'm too cheap to go buy some. I also didn't want to train. Basically I'm just a lazy couch potato. Shout out to the people who actually ran though!

No comments:

Post a Comment