Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Europe is Really Old

We’ve reached the halfway point with our project now. I dunno how I feel about it. On the one hand, my design ‘survived’, so to speak. It was combined with another project, similar enough that the two ideas would probably be more effective together. On the other hand, I liked my idea, you know? Even if this new one is the same or better in most ways, the other one was first. I’ve probably just got too much of my ego wrapped up in it.

Other than that, this was probably the closest thing to a normal week we’ve had in a while. The project work is ramping up now that we’ve been separated into our final teams, but everything feels pretty calm and efficient. No huge overhauls or upsets, just sanding down the rough edges and making sure our two previous plans play nice together.

More than anything it just feels really strange that we’re already halfway done with the semester. I feel like we’ve done barely anything. That there’s so much more stuff I want to do, and I couldn’t possibly manage it with what I’ve got left. There’s just so much … stuff, here. It’s almost suffocating, how much history there is. I could spend the rest of my life here, and barely even begin to scratch the surface. But if I’m fortunate enough to come back, I think I’d really like to try.


Showtime (Piano Refrain) – Malcom Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment