Saturday, April 9, 2016

The Big Event

After coming home from Rome, an amazing and relaxing weekend, I was very exhausted. I was very much looking forward to the next two weekends of no travel and staying in Bonn.

That week began to pick up in course load very quickly, as we had a physiology test the next friday, and our final presentation the next week. So school picked up very quickly and that was challenging.

However by the end of the week, we were ready for a break and we all went hard for Big Event. My group's Big Event had the opportunity to work for a donation center for Syrian refugees; people would come to the warehouse, drop off clothes/accessories, and we spent the day organizing the clothes and hanging them up for whenever refugees would need them. This was such a cool opportunity, because after hearing about such a controversial thing going on in Europe while I was in the states, I got to participate in the cause. It was a very special thing to be able to sacrifice a day and just help out at a donation center. I didn't get to meet any refugees, and I won't be able to see the fruit of my work, but regardless it is really cool for me to contribute to the cause of helping the people who are in need, people who Bonn have generously taken in.

We then got home after that and went back out to meet some friends for a birthday party at a local bar. This was a blast, a bunch of the viz kids were there too, and we ended up staying up till 5 am..... Exhausting hahaha! However the next day was spent ALL day reading about renal physiology and electrolyte balance for our test that friday. It was a great weekend, though we got to do a ton, it still was relaxing which is something I really need.

Until next time, you will get to hear about how I conquered the half-marathon, or how it conquered me!

No comments:

Post a Comment