Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Week 6

Cologne Cathedral on Friday
 This has been another crazy fun week for sure! First of all, my mother came in to visit from back home. It has been around 25 years since she was last in Europe so it was about time to get to explore once again. She came on a whirlwind trip, arriving on Thursday, the 23rd of February. She was exhausted from the trip so we spent the day taking it easy and exploring what Bonn Karneval had to offer.



My Mom and I in Amsterdam
After our day in Bonn, we slept in a bit before heading to Cologne. Cologne during Karneval is definitely a sight to see, and wow we had a great time. Beyond people watching and generally hanging around we visited the Roman Museum which was super cool. Things were a bit more rowdy and crowded than usual but I assured her that it's not like this every day. Although it would be a lot of fun if it was. We came back to Bonn a bit early because we had big plans for the next day.



Waking up at a bright and early 4:00 AM, we made our way to the train station for a quick day trip to Amsterdam. We got in about 9:00 and quickly ran to go get some Dutch pancakes. Our entire visit basically revolved around taking pictures of cool places and eating lots of good food. I made sure that we went through the Red Light District, a necessity for any trip to Amsterdam. The weather could've been better but overall I was surprised at how great just a few hours in Amsterdam can be. On Sunday I dropped her off at the train station and came back home to rest, I was exhausted and I knew I had a big day coming up.

Then it happened.....Rosen Montag. I met a friend from A&M in Cologne and wow, we had an experience alright. I'll definitely never forget my time there, that was a wild party and I'm so glad I went. No matter where we were, we were constantly meting new fun people and overall just having an amazing time. Everybody was there to have fun and that was a side of Germany I hadn't yet seen. But now school is ramping up and a million things are due so, until next time. Tchuss.











No comments:

Post a Comment