Sunday, February 12, 2017

Week 4

School+ being sick+ test= one long week. This week was one of the longest weeks since I have been here. The reality of school and having toe rudy for tests hit home real quick. As soon as I got home from Prague Sunday night it was back to reality of school. This week I also came down with a cold, which made studying pretty difficult. One bonus of having this cold was I got to go the german pharmacy the apotheke, which was honestly a pretty cool experience. I enjoy seeing how they do things differently here medical wise than in the United States. I was honestly quite surprised that I couldn't just buy some over the counter cough medicine and cough drops at the grocery store like I would at home. Thankfully after lots of rest, cough medicine, and tea I am finally getting over this cold. Another awesome experience I had this week was that we were able to go see a soccer game in Leverkusen. What an experience this was. I was a little overwhelmed by the amount of police presence, but was reassured that I would be safe. I can not even begin to describe the atmosphere. I love soccer so honestly this was is on the top of my list of my favorite things I have done thus far. Now it's Sunday and I literally spent the day just relaxing and doing homework at home and spending time with my host family. It really felt good to just stay home for a weekend and just relax and not have to worry about traveling. Here are two pictures from the match.

No comments:

Post a Comment