Sunday, February 12, 2017

It snowed on Friday!

The story I’m about to tell is 100% factual and by far one of the craziest experiences I’ve encountered on the trip: (sorry it’s kind of a long story)

Friday night a couple of us went out to Koln to hang out with one of the student workers. It was a little late when we got back and, I’m sure you guys have figured out, the public transportation system runs differently at night. Fortunately, I was able to catch my tram on time but Cerci’s tram stopped running for the night so she had to catch the bus. I didn’t want her to be out by herself at night, especially since she’d never taken the bus alone before, so I invited her to stay at my house for the night.

When we got on the tram, an Irish girl approached us because she thought she recognized one of us. It didn’t take very long to realize that the young lady was a little (or actually a lot) inebriated.

She ended up missing her stop and got off on me and Cerci’s stop. Cerci and I decided to walk her to the other side of the train station and wait 40 minutes for the next train to come. While we were waiting for the train, we came to the conclusion that there was no way she’d make it home safely. Not even that, but we were too scared to let her travel alone because she’d be such an easy target.

So we waited the 40 minutes for the next train and we got off on her exit. She points us in the direction she “thought” was the way to her house. Long story short, Cerci and I were walking (and at times running) throughout a part of town neither of us had ever been because she couldn’t remember where she lived.

She kept saying she lived by a tunnel, but every tunnel we came in contact with she thought was haunted and would run away. And on top of that, it started snowing. An hour later, we found her house and me an Cerci literally had to dry her hair and tuck her into bed.

Even though I got a slight cold from running around Germany in 30˚ weather while it was snowing. I’m so grateful that the young girl met me and Cerci because I can’t even imagine what could have happened to her in any other type of scenario. Some people would call it fate, some would say the universe aligned that night, I personally believe it was God. But I definitely don’t think it was by coincidence that Cerci and I ended up on that train on that specific night.

Moral of the story: Sometimes the best stories happen under the craziest circumstances.


No comments:

Post a Comment