Sunday, February 12, 2017

Week 2: Köln

Week 2

Hallo!

It has been a LONG time since my last blog post, so I apologize for my late entries concerning this amazing trip.

In the previous post I left off with Heidelberg (a beautiful German city). The next major German city we traveled to was Köln. This city is not too far from Bonn and has an amazing and rich history. Underneath the modern city are many remnants of Roman ruins that are buried deep (adjacent to the parking garages). It's a 2,000 year old city that serves as a cultural hub to the region that it surrounds. We also found that there are two sides of cologne: one side has a big nose, while the other side is cross-eyed (see reference photos). Furthermore, Köln has the twin-spired Cathedral that belittles any tourist that is caught in its gaze! I was grateful to have the opportunity to take a "rooftop tour" of the cathedral -- I was able to get some amazing views! Unfortunately, I was unable to get some of the "Oda Cologne" (maybe some other time), which is made famous by the city. Therefore, I will need to return to Köln one more time during this trip, in order to fully experience the city! (Probably During Karneval! I heard great things!)

Tschüss!

John Kyle Cooper

I apologize for not adding photos to my blog posts. 
However, For Pictures See My Instagram: @kylecooper96

No comments:

Post a Comment