Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Week 6 I think

I'm 80% sure we're on week 6 right now and it was pretty good I guess. I can't remember what happened in school, but I got to go to Karneval and I also saw London for the first time. I'm probably at the point now where I am super well-adjusted to being here in Germany and I'm going to have to re-adjust once I get back to Texas. It's gonna be weird to go back and not be able to travel as much or be exposed to as many different cultures, so I'm not sure how I'm going to manage. I'll probably have to go to Oklahoma or something.

London 
London was super amazing and I am glad that I went this weekend because I don't know what I would have done with myself in Bonn. I was so excited to finally see Big Ben, but when I first saw it I didn't recognize it because I thought it was supposed to be red. I don't know what other clock I could have gotten it mixed up with. I don't think there are that many other famous clocks. Also, I got to go up in the London Eye and see London from 443 ft up and at one point it was the world's largest ferris wheel (totally googled that). I also saw the London Bridge, Buckingham Palace (the queen was home when I went since the flag was up), the House of Parliament, the place Charles Darwin was buried in (it was a church, ironically), and other stuff that I can't remember. That was all on the first day and on the second day I saw a Premier League soccer game, which was amazing because it is soccer played at such a high caliber. I did so much in London that I was happy to get back and just rest before going to the Rose Monday Parade the next day.

Karneval
I didn't really get to do much Karneval, but the events that I went to were a lot of fun. I went to the parade on Thursday and got a bunch of candy that I then ate on the plane later that day. On Monday, I went to the Rose Parade in Bonn because I figured Cologne would be super packed and it wouldn't be as good of an experience. I wasn't even trying to get that much candy and I still ended up filling up a whole bag with it. I got smacked in the face with candy more times than I could count and then it would disorient me so I didn't even get to pick it up afterwards lol.

Tldr; I got a lot of candy this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment