Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Week 4

Week four was one of the longest most uneventful weeks of my life. It consisted of purely class, homework, studying, and resting. Our differential equations professor has officially lost his mind. We have a quiz due like every two days until the exam and they are all extremely long. That coupled with signals homework, studying physiology, and trying to learn German has resulted in many nights where I have stayed until midnight just trying to get work done and still not finishing everything. I have yet to get caught up and remain constantly busy. I also am not getting to see my host family very often at all. I live so far away that it is usually easier to buy dinner myself and just tell them I won't be home than to ride the bus 30 minutes home, eat dinner, ride the bus back, study, and ride the bus again. That system is inefficient and therefore I am forced to sacrifice time with my host family for homework at the AIB. When Dr. Wasser said that taking 15 hours while here would be too much, he wasn't lying. While the overall work load probably isn't much worse than in College Station, the amount of time that I have to actually work on things is probably near half. Between the commutes, excursions, needing time to eat and sleep, I don't have hardly any spare time that isn't completely devoted to homework.

On the bright side, we did finish the week with a trip to Cologne on Friday night. We went to the chocolate factory and did a mini "pub-crawl" completely led and organized by Kenneth. It was so much fun and definitely a great night. And then on Saturday we got up and went to Leverkusen to watch a soccer game. I wasn't all that into the soccer, but the atmosphere of the stadium and the Gluhwein made it totally worth it. Once back home, began working on homework again to make up for the lost time and that is also what the majority of my next week will be spent doing. Hoping it ends soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment